+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 88 C1500 4x4 6.0 LS swap

Post 88 C1500 4x4 6.0 LS swap

New to the site. I am swapping a 88 C1500 to 6.0 and 4l60. All the headers I am finding say they will work on 2wd only. Have any of you guys used the 2wd headers or is there just some modifications to make them work or is there headers that are specific to 4wd? I plan on using 4L60 w/ transfer case from later model. This is going to be a relatively stock engine swap other than headers and tune. It will be a daily driver. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also looking to do this swap on a swb step side.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul88 View Post
    New to the site. I am swapping a 88 C1500 to 6.0 and 4l60. All the headers I am finding say they will work on 2wd only. Have any of you guys used the 2wd headers or is there just some modifications to make them work or is there headers that are specific to 4wd? I plan on using 4L60 w/ transfer case from later model. This is going to be a relatively stock engine swap other than headers and tune. It will be a daily driver. Any help would be appreciated.
    I can confirm that the speed engineering 1 3/4 99-06 long tubes fit perfectly on my 1995 k1500 just installed yesterday only thing I had to do was trim the one bolt as it was barley touching drivers side header

+ Reply to Thread