+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.3 to nv3500 want to double check before I install please

5.3 to nv3500 want to double check before I install please

I have a 93 Sierra NV 3500 4 x 4 I'm putting a 2000 5.3 in I have everything bolted up with the parts I ordered just want to double-check before I throw it in 1050 flywheel 1377 C throw out bearing and 6302 VSP 43 pilot bearing with Factory 5.7 clutch kit should be good to go? What bolts for the pressure plate? Help is much appreciated don't want to have to pull it out again later thanks

Good evening Homer. New to this thread and working through lots of info. It looks like you completed exactly what my son and I are attempting. A 1994 GMC 1500 4x4 - had 4.3 V6 originally. Putting in a 2006 6.0L and bolting up to original NV3500 5spd.

Wondering how your project turned out?

I had test fit the engine to the tranny using a 4.8L flywheel (LUK LFW387) and the throw out bearing did not contact the clutch. I am hoping the fly wheel is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 80 Square View Post
    Good evening Homer. New to this thread and working through lots of info. It looks like you completed exactly what my son and I are attempting. A 1994 GMC 1500 4x4 - had 4.3 V6 originally. Putting in a 2006 6.0L and bolting up to original NV3500 5spd.

Wondering how your project turned out?

I had test fit the engine to the tranny using a 4.8L flywheel (LUK LFW387) and the throw out bearing did not contact the clutch. I am hoping the fly wheel is the issue.
    Hi, it turned out great! Im very pleased with it, i used a sachs flywheel and a stock to my original setup clutch plus a pilot bearing from napa that i found a part # for by searching through this forum, if you have more questions we can connect through fb maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Homer ak 94 View Post
    Hi, it turned out great! Im very pleased with it, i used a sachs flywheel and a stock to my original setup clutch plus a pilot bearing from napa that i found a part # for by searching through this forum, if you have more questions we can connect through fb maybe
    I’m about to swap a 99 5.3 into my 2001 rcsb 2wd truck. Originally a 4.3 5 speed.
    What exactly do I need to mate the 5.3 to the nv3500?
    Is it just a 4.8 flywheel? My truck just got a new clutch kit installed but the engine decided to torch the head gaskets haha. Hoping I don’t need a whole new clutch assembly......

good afternoon homer by any chance you have part number for clutch kit and pilot bearing I am doing a 5.3 swap to 5 speed in a 93 Sierra

+ Reply to Thread