I finally have a project vehicle that isn't just "better than nothing". It's a Black 2002 Silverado 1500 RCSB with a 5.3.

I kinda got swindled on the buy, kinda, but I'm not salty, it just meant more stuff to work on, which is what a project is for. I made an appointment to look at the truck for $5500, by the time I got there the guy had dropped the price three times. $3200 for something with a factory LS worth building for the drag strip in SoCal was worth it in my book (even if the "Texas Cam" turned out as just a massive vacuum hose tear and I was too dumb to notice that it had the cats deleted,)

So far I have installed magnaflow direct fit cats and a Summit welded muffler(it had a tiny obnoxious race muffler), flashed it back to stock with HP Tuners, grabbed a K&N 77 Series with sticker from Pick Your Part, Summit coils, and an LQ9 cam. I've also taken about 200 pounds of towing crap off of it(why does a RCSB need a 5th wheel hitch?). As soon as it passes smog I will hook up my new AEM wideband and start learning to tune.

Mid term plan is an LQ4 with ported 862 heads, Gen 4 rods, and Summit pistons. In front of a 4L80E with a Monster trans rebuild kit and 4.10s.

Long term is a single turbo, 15s with drag radials, and a cage for racing True Street and other similar small tire classes. Cleetus's Ruby was the original inspiration.

Being in CA the goal is to be able to take the turbo off for Smog and look bone stock.

It probably sounds like hopes and dreams, but I think I'm finally going to "finish" a project, even my wife is on board.