+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '05 Sierra Owner

'05 Sierra Owner

What's going on y'all. Names JayD, own an '05 sierra standard cab currently with a 4.3l. Joined the truck forum because I picked up a 4.8l that i am going to swap in.

why not go bigger? got the 4.8 pretty cheap. Bought a set of long tubes in exchange for the motor. Pretty good deal, all accessories excluding a/c. Needs to be rebuilt due to low oil pressure and metal shavings in the oil.

Plan is to get it rebuilt, install a TSP stage 3 low lift truck cam, speed engineering 1 3/4" longtubes, cheap ebay CAI that i'll throw a better filter on, and a full 3" inch exhaust. Not sure what setup i want to go with yet. I want to run it catless and install a Venom300 but those things are pretty pricey. Will be good for a daily driver/tire destroyer.

Also have a '97 S10 equipped with a 2.2l. Plan on doing the big 6.0 swap to that little fella. Timing chain popped on that guy a couple years ago and i just haven't gotten around to changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sloh05 View Post
    What's going on y'all. Names JayD, own an '05 sierra standard cab currently with a 4.3l. Joined the truck forum because I picked up a 4.8l that i am going to swap in.

why not go bigger? got the 4.8 pretty cheap. Bought a set of long tubes in exchange for the motor. Pretty good deal, all accessories excluding a/c. Needs to be rebuilt due to low oil pressure and metal shavings in the oil.

Plan is to get it rebuilt, install a TSP stage 3 low lift truck cam, speed engineering 1 3/4" longtubes, cheap ebay CAI that i'll throw a better filter on, and a full 3" inch exhaust. Not sure what setup i want to go with yet. I want to run it catless and install a Venom300 but those things are pretty pricey. Will be good for a daily driver/tire destroyer.

Also have a '97 S10 equipped with a 2.2l. Plan on doing the big 6.0 swap to that little fella. Timing chain popped on that guy a couple years ago and i just haven't gotten around to changing it.
    Have you completed the swap yet? Have the same truck with a 5 speed, looking to drop a 5 3 in and trying to gather all needed information lol

+ Reply to Thread