+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with 4.3l to 4.8l swap (4.4 to 4.8/5.3/6.0)

Post Need help with 4.3l to 4.8l swap (4.4 to 4.8/5.3/6.0)

I am in the process of gathering parts I need for the v6 to v8 swap. I saw the post from dlh2006 and so far I am referencing that for parts needed.

However, I noticed he only referenced the Drive-by-Cable 99-03 motor/harness set up.

My question is what about the Drive by wire system? is it simple plug and play?
    I have an '05 4.3l, putting in a 4.8l from an '06. I know I need the pedal forsure. What else is needed?

Any other tips for the v6 to v8 swap for the 2003-2007(Classic) would be greatly appreciated! anything that's not already on that forum from dlh2006.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sloh05 View Post
    I am in the process of gathering parts I need for the v6 to v8 swap. I saw the post from dlh2006 and so far I am referencing that for parts needed.

However, I noticed he only referenced the Drive-by-Cable 99-03 motor/harness set up.

My question is what about the Drive by wire system? is it simple plug and play?
    I have an '05 4.3l, putting in a 4.8l from an '06. I know I need the pedal forsure. What else is needed?

Any other tips for the v6 to v8 swap for the 2003-2007(Classic) would be greatly appreciated! anything that's not already on that forum from dlh2006.
    All v6 are dbc

Aslong as the donor is late 03-06 dbw it will work in your 05(i just v8 swapped my 05 rcsb silverado shop truck).Take the complete engine + accessories, harness, pcm, pedal and tac module that the pedal connects to. Its literally plug and play. You still have to disable vats from the new pcm. And run the wiring into the cab for the tac module/pedal.

Another option is using your v6 pcm with the v8 harness and just segment swapping the pcm with v8 software via hptuner. But i would just grab the v8 pcm i find it easier to do.

Fuel lines unfortunately arent plug and play but can easily be adapted by using simple fittings. I normally cut the lines by the bottom of the fire wall and us an to hardline fittings and buy the an gm style fittings and boom your done with that part.

Exhaust you can reuse the factory y pipe from the v8 donor it should match up with your stock exhaust but i haven't really done this. Most people decide at this point to go full exhaust and do headers.

You also have to grab the motor mount frame brackets. They are differ from the v6 to v8. Even if you have the v8 motor mounts it will not bolt in unless the brackets are changed. Hope this helps you out if you need anymore ? Send me a message.
    Last edited by Lsxcustoms; 04-01-2020 at 04:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread