+ Reply to Thread

Thread: no start - PCM problem?"

no start - PCM problem?"

I purchased a '93 C1500 with a '00 4.8L Vortec conversion earlier this year. Put about 5000 miles on it and it died in the driveway last week. Engine cranks but will not start. It had been more hesitant to start over the past couple of months requiring longer cranking and misfiring sometimes...but now it only cranks and will not fire.
    No fuel pressure. No 5v sensor signal at any sensor.
    I tried to pull codes off ECM - but the scanner can't communicate. So I checked for power and grounds on ECM connectors. There is no IGN power on blue connector pins 19 and 75. Constant BATT 12v and all grounds check out OK.
    Spent hours yesterday travel to unravel the harness and find source of the pink wires running to pins 19 and 75. Both wires join and run into main harness over the intake...
    I have found good IGN voltage on wiring coming thru firewall on driver side. The driver inside fuse panel also powers up when key is on and the (1) ECM fuse location is powered. The harness is someone's conversion - so there is confusion on what wire is doing what...
    I need to get the truck off driveway and into garage to work on it. Will it damage ECM of any other systems if I jumper a IGN switched 12v power to pins 19 and 75 to see if ECM will power all systems?
    Would a bad crank sensor or any other sensor create a problem whereby the IGN power wouldn't get to the ECM? I really would like to get to the root cause of my problem with NO IGN 12v power to the ECM - but I need to get a start so I can relocate truck before the weather turns any worse!!
    Any ideas or suggestions? This is no local LS conversion shop in my area.

Thanks for any help.

Revolut: Get your first card for free without shipping costs

A NEW Revolut brand offer with Mastercard Card FREE + 10 EUR GIFT!
    Yes! You read correctly. A lightning bolt brand Revolut is now underway.

The promotion consists of making you an account in the Revolut application, you order a FREE standard card and in addition you receive 10 EUR GIFT. Simple.
    No taxes, no commissions and no other headaches. In addition, for each friend you bring in Revolut you will receive 10 EUR.

A simple calculation: you bring 10 friends = YOU get 100 EUR and your friends each 10 EUR.

Click here to register an account!

Zero Fees!
    FREE physical card and Free delivery.
    10 EUR GIFT
    Instant transfers
    Earn up to EURO USD

Revolut is banking app and payment card that is aiming to be an alternative to traditional banking products, that is designed to fit the lives of those with a global lifestyle, or anyone who wants the flexibility that you cannot get from regular banks.

Revolut’s goal is to adapt to the needs of clients, giving them control. There are accounts for businesses and consumers, and Revolut offers global spending and international money transfers without any hidden fees.
    Revolut Click here!

+ Reply to Thread