+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First swap 96 k2500

First swap 96 k2500

Hello all, i am about to start my first swap and am trying to get a few of the parts lined up. I also want to use this as a platform to ask questions i have along the way. I have been reading alot about other swaps and searching on alot of different forums. Thank you for the info you have provided and i hope that his goes smoothly

I have a '96 k2500 with the 5.7/4l80e combo. I have a complete donor '01 suburban 2500. My plan is to mate the 6.0 to the '96 4l80. I have read that i need to get the motor mounts that install the 6.0l back about 1". I found the dirty dingo mounts that say they allow 1/2" movment rearward. What are the other mounts that if i need to move the engine back that i need? Looking at the Trans-dapt 4575

Will the fuel pump from the "01 drop into the '96 tank? or has anyone swapped the entire tank from a nbs to obs?

Will HP tuners support deleting the anti-theft?
    Last edited by wigglewerks; 08-13-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Ended up going with the transdapt 4575. Yanked the lq4 and 4l80e out today. Started working on the 96 but ran outta steam. Will try to finish the mechanical side of things tomorrow

Found away around the VATS too.

+ Reply to Thread