+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 97 K1500 5.3 swap

97 K1500 5.3 swap

Alright guys, never done a ls swap before. But I’m getting a 5.3 to swap into my truck and I will be keeping the 4l60 in it because it is built and will handle the new power. So what all do I need? Accessories... computers... harness lost it all I want to try and do it myself so any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm setting up to do exactly this, too, next summer. I bought a running/driving 2003 GMC Yukon 4x4 for $500 (3-4 clutches slipping 4L60E) and will move the complete powertrain (radiator to slip-yoke) to the K1500 (v6 model). My 1500 already has a 14 bolt sf K2500 rear axle, brakes and springs, so I want to keep that. I hope to move the complete dash, steering column, and HVAC as well as the auto-leveling system but I'm not sure how feasible that will be in the end. I will keep an A/C system but I'm not sure which right now. I guess I'm going to find out! I'm looking forward to reading more about this. I've swapped out a bunch of like-kind engines and don't think this will pose many difficulties. I think one of the only things I'm going to need to buy will be the motor mounts. I also have a spare 4L80E available to put in it, but I think I'd like to get it running properly with the 4L60E first before messing about with that sort of mod.
    Last edited by alafrosty; 02-04-2019 at 05:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread