+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.3 swap

5.3 swap

New to the form here i have a 02 chevy silverado 1500 with a 4.3 5speed and i have a 5.3 in the barn iv been reading about the swap i have the nv3500 and it says i need a 4.8 flywheel and clutch for my trans will work is this true dose anyone have part numbers for the flywheel and clutch or what will work if not and what motor mounts will work thanks for and help

Quote Originally Posted by 5.3 swap View Post
    New to the form here i have a 02 chevy silverado 1500 with a 4.3 5speed and i have a 5.3 in the barn iv been reading about the swap i have the nv3500 and it says i need a 4.8 flywheel and clutch for my trans will work is this true dose anyone have part numbers for the flywheel and clutch or what will work if not and what motor mounts will work thanks for and help
    Sachs nfw1050 is the flywheel you need. Your current clutch will work fine.

i never tried to put the v6 clutch on my v8 flywheel, but they are different sizes. make sure you're cognizant of whether you get a flywheel model that has the studs or not (can't remember the year range) & get a matching pressure plate. if you're pulling the wiring harness from an auto, don't forget to swap over the clutch safety jumper wire in the fuse block. motor mounts from the same configuration truck are needed (1/2 ton & 2wd or 4wd.

any other questions (and ones you might not've thought of yet) can usually be found in the NBS 4.3 -> v8 swap thread
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

+ Reply to Thread