+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 98 gmc sierra 6.0 swap

98 gmc sierra 6.0 swap

Im putting a L96 6L in my truck. Came out of a 09, using my 4L60 trans with spacer kit. Few things im wondering about is this.. the harness i have and computer is from a 01 chevy. The knock sensor harness is different. Can i re wire this to just plug into the sensors on the side seeing how 01 is under the intake... dumb question but i havent seen a post like this lol. . Any input is helpfull. Also, what type of headers i should use so there isnt any issues. Dont want any steering shaft problems hitting them and so on. It is a 4x4 also. Thank you
    Last edited by 98Gen3; 05-22-2018 at 10:41 PM.

you can drill and tap the side of the block where the 09 knock sensors bolt into and install your factory sensors since they are 1 wire, then just extend you wiring to the side of the block

you can also look into shoenfeld headers for your swap
    06 rcsb, 6two, 231/235, 4.11, pacesetter, 80e, 14 bolt, Nelson tuned
    2011 rcsb 6two swap in the works with 6l90 and boost
    FARMTRUC CAN GARGLE PEANUT BUTTER

it has the knock sensors on the side already just a harness issue was all. wasn't sure if i could get away with just messing with the existing under intake knock sensor setup that was in the 4.8 vs. side of the block but ill give it a whirl . I figured it was the same wiring just different routing. ill look into those headers, thank you

You cant use the 2 wire knock sensors with your 01 pcm

+ Reply to Thread