+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice on possible swap

Need advice on possible swap

I have a 2000 chevy 3500 with the 5.7 L31 engine and 4L80E in it. Its tired and need to do something with it before it breaks down on me. Daily work truck and pull trailers. Debating on whether to rebuild the 5.7 or find a 6.0 LQ4 and put it in. I have spent some time on this site and others searching for answers on what will I run into with a swap and what parts will I need to change with it and cant find anything relating to my exact situation. I would like to know what I will need to change out on the truck to make this swap possible..... Thanks for any help and hope you all have a great weekend.

I swapped from the ol 5.7 to a LQ9 and it was the best decision I could've made for that truck which was a '98 Chevy ECSB. I know you said LQ4 so if that's the case I would highly recommend at least adding a decent cam and maybe heads to the swap. I currently have the LQ4 in my '04 GMC Sierra and I'm still finding that it lacks the torque it needs to pull those trailers up grades at a decent rate of speed without having to downshift to 2nd. When my shop is finished being built I'm going to rebuild the LQ9 that I pulled out of the truck that I swapped it into and throw it in my GMC.

+ Reply to Thread