+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody hooked up dbw in 96 silverado ls swap how hard

Anybody hooked up dbw in 96 silverado ls swap how hard

How hard is it to hook up dbw in an ls swap 96 Silverado

Did it in my 95. Not hard at all. Need the pedal, and tac module. Had to modify the metal pedal bracket to fit the truck properly, so i wouldn't recommend the all plastic version of the pedal.

And of course you neee the two harnesses that plug into the tac module

X2 I installed a 6.0 in my '57 Chevy truck... So long as you have a dbw harness it's fairly straight forward.
    2004 Silverado
    1957 Chevy truck
    1953 Ford sedan
    1924 model T 2dr hard top

You don't mention if you're putting in a Gen III or Gen IV motor. For Gen 4 you don't use a tac module, just the pedal. The pedal from a 2012 Yukon fits and works great, It's a lot easier than trying to retrofit back to DBC. The only issue is you have to make a bracket to mount the pedal too. The bracket you make is mounted where the stock pedal mounts, and your DBW pedal mounts to that. It's possible that someone makes a bracket now. I used a bracket from LSWrangler.com. it was meant for a jeep, but with minor modification it works. The main issue is that the angle is not optimum, you have way to much leverage on the pedal and consequently it feels like almost zero resistance.

BTW, I have a 2012 L94 in my 1992 full size Blazer, so pretty much identical swap from this perspective. The 92-94 is actually easier in some ways, as the ABS is a separate computer from the ECM. On the other hand, you already have cable shifting, so putting in a 6L80 tranny is a lot easier if you want to get away from column shifting.
    1992 K1500 Blazer.
    L94 & 6L80
    14 Bolt SF axle w/11" brakes & appropriate Combination brake valve, Eaton Trutrac rear posi.
    8000# hidden winch, Rocket Box, KYB Monomax shocks
    285/75R16 Duratracks
    Flat Panel Display Gauge cluster in progress.
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...00-blazer.html
    New interior & exterior paint planned.

Thanks everybody great info

+ Reply to Thread