+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 93 chevy 4x4 6.0 swap

93 chevy 4x4 6.0 swap

Hey guys just joined the group I’ve been reading and looking for awhile at different options on this subject but I have a 93 chevy 4x4 with a 5.7tbi and what I believe to be a 4l60 trans. I want to put a lq4 6.0 in there and either a 4l60e or 4l80e Trans. I have no clue where to start far as if I want to do a stand alone setup or pull harness from the donor i use. I’d like to be able to use all the stock gauges in the dash now. And I would like to keep it 4wd. Currently have the floor mounted stick selector for 4wd. Could the stock 4l60 be used bolted up to the 6.0 and still shift correctly ? Just have the 6.0 harness for motor controls?
    Last edited by Dnick; 03-01-2018 at 12:47 PM.

CÆ¡ há»™i đầu tÆ° BÄS hiệu quả vá»›i nhiá»u chÃnh sách Æ°u đãi:
    dự án 6th element
    Giá bán chỉ từ 34 triệu/m2 (VAT + full nội thất cao cấp)
    CÄ‚N HỘ ÄẲNG CẤP – SỞ Há»®U VỊ TRà VÀNG – Kà HÄMB TRá»°C TIẾP CÄT
    Chung cÆ° Golden Park Tower
    THỦ TỤC LINH HOáºT – DỄ DÀNG – NHANH CHÓNG

Depends on your 4L60. My '92 was not computer controlled and had a vacuum hookup for kick down. I'm not sure how I would have got it running right, but I'm sure it's doable. 4L80 is a nice trans, but if you're changing trans you might want to consider a 6L80, though you'll need an Gen IV like an LY6. I don't know much about the 4L80, but the 6L80 is pretty much a bolt in. About all you need to do is put a new input shaft in your transfer case and slightly modify the transmission shift linkage. The rod that goes from the frame to the trans rubs on the front drive shaft, so you need to cut and weld it to get it to clear.

Do you already have a donor vehicle? If not, you might want to consider an LY6 6.0. A lot cheaper than an L92, but has the L92 heads. You can probably find a high mileage vehicle with trans and engine. Often, that's cheaper than buying the engine liftout. Plus, you'll have all sorts of minor parts you might want. All of those little parts add up in cost pretty quick...
    1992 K1500 Blazer.
    L94 & 6L80
    14 Bolt SF axle w/11" brakes & appropriate Combination brake valve, Eaton Trutrac rear posi.
    8000# hidden winch, Rocket Box, KYB Monomax shocks
    285/75R16 Duratracks
    Flat Panel Display Gauge cluster in progress.
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...00-blazer.html
    New interior & exterior paint planned.

find a 6.0 3/4 ton work van as it will be an easier swap. it is not fbw and the computer, trans and wiring will be more basic.
    6.0 MAX Blown

Nak,
    Are you saying you can use the obs transfer case with the 6L80? What input shaft do you use?

+ Reply to Thread