+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best year (2000-2010) Silverado for a turbo system

Best year (2000-2010) Silverado for a turbo system

I was looking to see if these was a best year truck for a turbo system. I'm looking at a 2000-2010 Silverado/Sierra 4 wd. It will ultimately end up with a turbo system on it. Not sure if going single under hood or remote mount. Probable use HP tuners for tuning. Is there any advice that would help make a better decision on what year?
    My old ride is a supercharged Firebird but it has been rear-ended, and I'm looking for something new to me now.

Any one of those trucks would work. The 99-02 tend to be the lightest ones but the 03+ have a ton more room behing the grill for intercoolers/trans coolers. 07+ have even more room but try to get a 2010+ as they come with a 6l80 thats alot stronger than the 4l60s. Anything that has a 4l60 will need a good 4l80 swapped in if u want the trans to live. Trick Turbo has some of the best front mount kits out there for any of these trucks.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

RS/SS 4.8 is correct. What are your goals? What is your budget? Any boosted setup will blow (no pun intended)all but the most liberal budget. All the LS engines are great for boosting. Auto Trans are weak and some weaker than others. Tuning traction and weight will make all the difference if trying to get the best 1/4 mike times.

Thanks for the input, several things for me to think about. Not looking for a drag race truck, just want something fun. Had trucks most of my driving life, but spent the last 15 years with a Fourrunner, and 94 Firebird (ATI Procharged). Taking the Firebird off the road (recently damaged in accident), still driving it till I find truck. I would reuse the majority of the fuel system and Meth injection from it. Even after 15 years it never did make it to track, just fun street car. Just looking for something different and getting back into a truck. Turbo budget would be $3-5K. I would prefer to get a kit, as I wouldn't want to keep the truck off the road for lengthy time. If I did a remote kit, i might be willing to try building myself as could fab up most of it with truck still drivable (have access to machine shop/welding/fab tools at work and home). Kits I've looked at so far are Trick turbo, MMI race, ON3, Huron speed, and STS.

+ Reply to Thread