+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reputable supplier for 6.0 long block

Reputable supplier for 6.0 long block

New guy here looking for a 6.0 long block.
    I recently reacquired my 2005 Z71 4.8 from my daughter and I'd like to swap out the tired 4.8 with a 6.0. I'm asking for input for a new or reman long block (with warranty) from a reputable company. I'm just looking for stock power or a slightly built motor as this is just a hunting/fishing truck that will occasionally pull a utility trailer. The truck is still in very good condition and I don't want to put a used motor in it, and I've pondered buying a used engine and rebuilding it but I really don't have the time for that. I know at some point I'll probably need to swap out the trans but I'll roll with it like it is for now and cross that bridge when I get there. Thanks in advance for your input.

You should try contacting Summit or Jegs. I am sure they can point you in the right direction whether it is with them or someone else.

I found a low mileage used engine from a 2009 Express van. I did some research and know I'll need a converter for the 58 tooth crank gear to work with my 24 tooth signal. Besides getting a tune for a 6.0 would there be any other issues I'd run into when I do the swap? Thanks

Cam sensor on the 4.8 is behind the intake manifold. On the 6.0 with the 58x the cam sensor is on the timing cover. I think the knock sensors are different also.

+ Reply to Thread