+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passlock bypass without tune. Any 99-02 Truck BCM and 15 resistors all I need?

1998 S10 BCM work with 411 PCM from 2002 Silverado ?

For my 1998 Snoma/S10 swap, I bought a 4.8/4L65E which came out of a 2002 Tahoe. I pulled a 411 PCM from a 2002 Silverado.

For now, I am not planning to make any mods and will be installing the 4.8/4L65E bone stock. Later, I will install a bigger cam and have the PCM re-tuned, Passlock removed and 2nd O2 sensor removed.

Since my 1998 Sonoma/S10 has Passlock & BCM and both are already synced, will it send correct signal to the 2002 Silverado 411 PCM to fire the motor without re-flashing the PCM?

Would I need 2002 Silverado/Tahoe 411 PCM and matching BCM and jus re-teach the Passlock?

My truck does not have power windows or locks. Just ABS and Cruise Control. Not sure how the Silverado PCM will work.

Thanks

Waid
    Last edited by waid302; 11-09-2017 at 10:18 AM.

No replies?

I did not realize there are people on eBay performing flash service for cheap and good reviews!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS2-LS6...dXsUO~&vxp=mtr

For $45, it's no brainer!

The reflashing covers only the listed items below:
    -Removal of the vehicle antitheft security (VATS) option . This will cause a 2 second start and die symptom if not removed.
    -Fan 1 and Fan 2 on/off temperatures. Stock 104/100 108/104 will be used unless otherwise specified.
    -Add or delete fans
    -Rear gear ratio change- especially important if swapping into another vehicle.
    -Tire size-especially important- tire size must be listed as 2xx-xx-xx or tire diameter, not just rim size.
    -AC delete-removes sensor, relay monitoring, esp. for older vehicles.
    -Transmission type, covering even the older THM350, 400, 700R4, 4L60 (non electronic). Must let me know what transmission you are running.
    -Remove rpm limiter* see below
    -Remove speed limiter* see below
    -Remove emission controls (includes removing the rear O2 sensors)** see below
    -Change VIN - only necessary if you are swapping a computer into the same vehicle.
    -Change tach signal to match your 6 or 8 cylinder tachometer (stock or aftermarket)

$45 is pretty cheap

+ Reply to Thread