+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1992 chevy k1500

1992 chevy k1500

I’m wanting to compile a part list for everything I need for a ls swap in my 92 k1500 short bed I have around 4000 to spend, Id like to keep my 700r4 but don’t have to if I can keep my 4x4 with a different tranny’ I can get a 5.3 with stand alone harness for around 1400. What motor mounts fuel pump, fuel lines the hole nine yards all parts some go fast parts for the new motor cam ect. (If it’s in the budget)
    Last edited by Dvdsutphin95; 10-07-2017 at 05:41 AM.

I'm doing a similar swap in a '95 with a 5 side. I found most of the information in a sticky near the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdsutphin95 View Post
    I’m wanting to compile a part list for everything I need for a ls swap in my 92 k1500 short bed I have around 4000 to spend, Id like to keep my 700r4 but don’t have to if I can keep my 4x4 with a different tranny’ I can get a 5.3 with stand alone harness for around 1400. What motor mounts fuel pump, fuel lines the hole nine yards all parts some go fast parts for the new motor cam ect. (If it’s in the budget)
    Did you ever find a write up for this? I’m wanting to do the same with my 1990 k1500

I'll list all the parts I can think of if it's a tbi chevy with a th700r4, in the process of swapping my 88 k2500.

Flex plate spacer,
    Motor mount adapter plates
    Fuel pump
    Ecu/wiring harness of your choice
    Maf sensor if you would rather not run it in speed density
    A higher stall converter is probably a good idea
    A die grinder to oval out the holes in the flex plate
    Tv made ez kit from bowtie overdrive
    Throttle cable out of an ls truck

I'm not going to mention all the little stuff like efans, fuel lines, radiator hoses, etc. However I'm sure I still forgot something. But that's a basic list of things to get you started
    Last edited by Namesreed; 04-21-2019 at 09:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread