+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1989 surburban r15004x4

1989 surburban r15004x4

I am new to this site as I am considering an LS swap into my surburban. I have a newly rebuilt 700r4 and 10bolt with new gears and positract.
    The questions that come to Mind are:
    1. Can I use my drive line or is too weak for an LS
    2. Can the trans be connected to the computer or does it have to be converted to analog
    3. Is there enough room forward of the trans for an LS
    4. Will there be enough advantage over a rebuilt 200hp 350ci truck replacement engine
    5. What would be a reasonable budget for this swap.

Thanks for you input
    Larry

Too many ??s

Quote Originally Posted by Lwf View Post
    I am new to this site as I am considering an LS swap into my surburban. I have a newly rebuilt 700r4 and 10bolt with new gears and positract.
    The questions that come to Mind are:
    1. Can I use my drive line or is too weak for an LS
    2. Can the trans be connected to the computer or does it have to be converted to analog
    3. Is there enough room forward of the trans for an LS
    4. Will there be enough advantage over a rebuilt 200hp 350ci truck replacement engine
    5. What would be a reasonable budget for this swap.

Thanks for you input
    Larry
    I guess there are so many questions that I don't know where to start. I would appreciate thoughts from those that have undertaken a late 80s 4x4 swap
    Thanks in advance
    Larry

1. You can use your driveline. The 10 bolt is fine the trans is weak as is the 4l60e a ls would come with from the factory.
    2. That trans cannot be connected to the computer. You will have to set up the computer like it has a manual trans and graft on a TV cable to the throttle body.
    3. Plenty of room.
    4. Total advantage over the old stuff. If you got a 4.8l it would still be better than a stock sb350.
    5. Budget is up to you. How good of a bargain shopper are you? How much work are you able and willing to do? Maybe between 2k and 7k.
    Last edited by GMCwantsLS1; 09-08-2017 at 07:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread