+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1974 c10 lsx swap

1974 c10 lsx swap

Okay im pretty sure there is alot of threads out there about this swap but i need to clear a few questions up. I have a 1974 c10 with a inline 6 three speed on the column and going in is a 4.8 ls with 4l60e
    1: first off what motor mounts do i need to use i searched and searched and im still confused?
    2: what needs to be done to the trans crossmember?
    3: how do i connect the shift cable to the three speed on the column shifter?
    Let me know if you guys want me to keep posting about my swap will load pics later when i get chance to Take some

Check out LSX Innovations for the motor mounts. What kind of trans is currently in it? I have no idea on the shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by dewcrew58 View Post
    Check out LSX Innovations for the motor mounts. What kind of trans is currently in it? I have no idea on the shifter.
    Thank you but im not sure what transmission it is i just know its a threespeed transmission.

How far back do i need the engine? Or does it go in stock location?

I am a first timer doing my ls swap, but I am putting in a 4L80E so it is an inch or so longer than the stock 4l60. So, I put my engine about an inch forward so I dont need a custom driveshaft. I measured from the motor mount to the trans on the original and measured the back of my block to the motor mount on the ls. That way you can figure out where you need to mount it based on the length difference of the transmission.

Is the inline 6 motor mount the same as the v8?

you can get some dirty dingo conversion mounts, set the engine/trans into the truck and that will determine if you need to move your crossmember or if you can use it. As far as the column, there are a few options you can do. Get a auto column or you can do a floor shifter.
    For tuning and stand alone harness you can PM me or email info@nelsonperformance.com
    06 rcsb, 6two, 231/235, 4.11, pacesetter, 80e, 14 bolt, Nelson tuned
    2011 rcsb 6two swap in the works with 6l90 and boost
    FARMTRUC CAN GARGLE PEANUT BUTTER

Is the inline 6 motor mount the same as the v8?
    I dont think so i need the clam shell part

Yeah I didnt think do. You will have to convert it to the v8 clam shell style and then you will be good to go. The LSX Innovations mount I used required that I grinded off the hump on the clam shell, but that wasn't too bad.

Yeah I didnt think do. You will have to convert it to the v8 clam shell style and then you will be good to go. The LSX Innovations mount I used required that I grinded off the hump on the clam shell, but that wasn't too bad.
    How about the fuel? What do i do about that. I heard to get a 1987 c10 gas tank and new fuel pump but can i use the stock gas tank and then use a inline fuelpump

+ Reply to Thread