+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1994 C1500 LS Swap 6.0L LQ4 & 4L80E Build Thread

1994 C1500 LS Swap 6.0L LQ4 & 4L80E Build Thread

Hey Guys,

This is my first post! I have been surfing this forum for quite sometime now. I have wanted to LS swap my truck for years and its becoming a reality. I have had the truck since I was 15 and I have kept it for all these years (28 now). It was my first vehicle and its in rough shape, but it has sentimental value to me.

Here is what I have so far: Junkyard 2001 LQ4 and 2000 4L80E, ECM programmed to 2000 6L and 4L80

Ordered: swap motor mounts, wiring harness, emissions delete kit

Question: I read that I can get a 1998 fuel pump and it is a direct swap, is that true? Any additional wiring required for that?

I am using a stock wiring harness and this is a first time swap for me.

Pics
    Attached Images

Alright guys, the motor is in! Now its time to modify the wiring harness and get this thing to fire. Here are a few pics. I am glad I was able to get the hard labor out of the way this weekend. I can take my time throughout the week now with the complex stuff. I am hoping I can have it running next weekend, but that may be wishful thinking.
    Attached Images

I also wanted to say, it is super messy when you are pulling the motor. So, I recommend trying to use a plastic bag over the tail shaft and maybe blowing out the coolant in the engine. I saw the plastic bag on the OBS to LSX sticky, but forgot to do it.

+ Reply to Thread