Just checking in. Been playing with automotive projects since the 90s, looks like I found the next project. Found an 89 k1500, rust free, very little damage/dings, no engine/trans/tcase. Otherwise, it's complete. Since I have an 01 5.3/4l60e/241 sitting waiting for a home, I figured this would be ideal. Looks like a fairly straight forward swap from my research. I have a few contacts that do stand alone harnesses, will probably have one of them cut my harness down. Just got HPTuners a couple months ago, so I'll do the tune myself. This is just gonna be a daily driver project so I can sell my 2012 1500 and save the loan payment each month.

Anyway, looking forward to getting started and learning from everyone's mistakes/experiences. Thanks for the info!