I am having an issue that is driving me crazy on my lq4 swapped 91 c1500. Whenever I turn my key on my oil pressure gauge pegs to the right (roughly 100+ psi). Its completely maxed out even with the truck not cranked. This tells me its a signal issue from the sending unit. I am running the stock sending unit off my TBI motor with the proper adapters plugged in as it would be stock. I purchased a new sending unit and had the exact same result. I also purchased 3 more clusters thinking it was an issue with the stepper unit in the cluster. I have since used the same cluster in another truck and it read perfectly fine. I ran a new wire directly from the sending unit to the gauge to rule out that it was a break in the wire or a pinched wire grounding out. Even with the wire disconnect at the plug (on the gauge side) the gauge pegs out. This has me to believe that its not getting any signal and causing it to peg to the right. Has anyone ran into this issue, or have any suggestions? I have everything else reading perfectly on these gauges except this one gauge and its driving me crazy!

thanks in advance!