+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1995 K1500 5.3 Swap Questions

Hybrid View

1995 K1500 5.3 Swap Questions

Ive pretty much got everthing I need figured and know what to get. Just a few questions I have left.
    Seems like a 99-02 throttle cable works with a few mods correct?
    Im trying to reuse my 95 4l60e, Ive emailed two companies that make stand alone harnesses and uses a 0411 pcm, one says I cant use the 95 at all, other says I can, just have to disable pwm in the ecm. I have probuilt automatics pwm eliminator kit to install and I have a 97 4l60e valve body. Will either of these make the 95 4l60e usable with a LS swap harness and 0411 pcm?
    I already plan on buying the adapter kit for the older trans to ls motor, but just out of curiosity, is there anyway to swap in a LS input shaft into a older 4l60e? What parts will I need if this is even possible?
    I re use the original gauge sending units in the LS motor to keep gauges functional right?
    Think thats all I have for now, thanks.

Ill be using a ls return style fuel rail with high pressure hose and clamps, 96-98 fuel pump, 99-02 fuel filter. Dirty dingo slider mounts for 88-98 K1500. Pacesetter 99-02 4wd headers and y pipe. LSSimple front accessory brackets with R4 compressor and their expansion tank with steam line fitting. Speartech or PSI conversion harness. 88-98 left side battery tray with custom built cables. 99-02 air intake and radiator hoses. Stock 95 radiator. 98-02 ported f body throttle body (already have). Custom made cat back exhaust. Advance adaptors transmission adapter. Should cover everything right?

+ Reply to Thread