+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2008 tahoe 4l60e to 4l80e swap

2008 tahoe 4l60e to 4l80e swap

I am currently gathering the rest of my parts to do the swap and i have originally purchased the nelson performance harness but they just emailed me this "You will have to Move the low signal wire from pin 45 to location 26 in the TCM harness."

Has anyone done this swap before? I am new to the forum if anyone could direct me if this has been asked before, any info is greatly appreciated.

1st off, you DO NOT need to purchase an after-market harness. Your existing 60E harness can EASILY be made to work. The connector on the end is already correct for your 80E. If you decide to use your existing harness, you will need to remove 2 wires from the connector and route them to the FRONT/ISS/INPUT SPEED SENSOR, and then the WHITE wire will be removed from it's pin location, and the BROWN wire will be moved to the white wires old location. That's it. That's all that has to be done regarding the wiring.

Please note you most likely have a T-42 TCM.. I hope you have someone programming this for you, or do you have HP Tuners? You can use an Express Van tune to get the programming from. Just be certain the O/S are the same.

I own a transmission shop and we do these conversions on a regular basis. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask and I'll answer if/when I see them in my in-box. I participate in several forums so I'm not available every day.

Words of advise; DO NOT USE Lokar dipstick/filler tube-you have been warned. You can buy a filler tube and dipstick for a 2005 2500 truck and they will bolt right in and clear everything as factory.

+ Reply to Thread