+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission codes and coolant switch problems

Transmission codes and coolant switch problems

I have a 95 c1500 with an 01 4.8 and 4l60e (both from same donor vehicle, trans is new but spec'd for donor truck. My first issue is coolant temp sensor throwing code po118 coolant circuit high, believed I had it (the sensor wires) wired backwards (I used sender/sensor out of a camaro so that it would both feed the ecm and gauge) gauge works as it should. So last night I dug it out the harness and cut the sensor wires planning on switching them, but got a buddies scanner to look at live data. I hooked up temporary jumpers on it the way I had it wired to start with and was reading correct temps, truck cold was 64, started engine and ran it for a while got it up to 150, no issues. Figuring I had bad connection at the sender, I put the wires back as they were and still tested good. Today I go to do some more testing and the temp sender throwing the po118 code again and like it was before, you look at live data shows temp at -38 degrees. I have no clue what the problem could be unless the sender itself is faulty, it was new but that doesn't mean anything.

Also have an issues with what I think is the trans going into limp mode. The trans is throwing muliple codes po740 torque converter clutch solenoid, po753 1-2 shift solenoid A circuit, po758 2-3 shift solenoid B circuit, po 785 shift timing solenoid problem, and po1860 torque converter clutch pwm solenoid circuit. I have no clue what is going on, guessing that all these items are somehow interconnected but don't have a clue where to start. I can clear the codes and it works for a little while as it should then when looking at live data trans goes to gear 3 and doesn't move from there (limp mode?). Any ideas where to start I'd appreciate the help. Please someone steer me in a direction to start looking, thanks.

Never mind, found the problems out myself. The temp sender was bad, put in new one works perfectly. Trans problem was that I had accidentally cut the power wire to the trans pcm when I weeded out the oem 01 harness to make it stand alone. Problems solved, truck runs great.

+ Reply to Thread