+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speedo Help Please

Speedo Help Please

Drove truck today, maiden voyage, and all gauges work except for the speedo. I have looked far and wide and have yet to find info specific to the 1995. I had pinouts for the 95 ecm and wired the ls vss signal wire into the ecm pinout labeled speedo and cruise but nada. I had read about where a guy got his, 94, to work by tapping the drac/vssb but his wire colors were no where close to mine.
    Any ideas where to make the connection to have speedo/ cruise? Also is there any reason to leave the 95 ecm hooked up and in the truck? Maybe that's my issue? I'm at a loss, any help appreciated, thanks!

Think I will hook ls vss signal wire directly to the instrument cluster and see if I can figure out where to hook it directly to the cruise control module, then shit can the oem ecm, I can't see any reason to keep it, nothing is running through it. Anyone have opinions on this train of thought?

I don't know your set up but on my 97 Yukon I completely took out everything related to the 5.7 that was in it. Didn't see a reason for it to be there since nothing runs through it like you said. I would think running the the wire from the vss to the pcm then from the pcm to the Speedo would do the trick. Either way the computer needs to know the speed from the vss for shifting correctly and what not.

+ Reply to Thread