+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1995 Chevy K1500 5.0 to 6.0 conversion HELP

1995 Chevy K1500 5.0 to 6.0 conversion HELP

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I'm currently in the tear down stage of my rebuild on my 1995 Chevrolet K1500 5.0L 305 4x4 auto 2 door extended cab fleet side short bed. It's got roughly 132000 original miles.
    I love this truck. I'm devoting a lot of time (and money$$$!) to give this truck the proper TLC it needs starting with the frame. The frame is going to be "de rusted" and either epoxied or rhino lined. The plan is to upgrade my 5.0 to a 6.0 and I'm looking for any helpful tips from tear down to engine swap to anything that may be relevant. Any and all info/tips/comments are very much welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best tip I have is to get the good mounts (Dirty Dingo) or the like. Avoid the cheap $30 mount adapters.

I bought adapter plates off ebay. They need to be the 1" offset toward the rear. I know because I bought standard ones and the engine/trans were 1 inch away from making on the trans crossmember. They weren't anything fancy and they got the job done.

Exhaust manifolds and 6.0 dual exhaust did fit with the 1 inch forward offset. The exhaust may need massaging with a ball peen to clear the trans cross member when the engine/trans combo is in it's proper position.

Wiring was done by me with alot of help from Brendan's site: LT1swap.com. He also flashed the computer for me removing the vats, tire size change, gear ratio change and transmission program(4L80E to 4L60E).
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

+ Reply to Thread