+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electric Fan Issues

Electric Fan Issues

Just about to complete my ls swap in my 95 obs truck and am having an issue with my electric fans. I had my computer set up by Brendan at LT1 Swap and had him enable fans 1 and 2. I bought a set of electric fans out of a ford windstar (by the way they fit radiator very well, almost look like the were made for it) and have them wired through relays, so that fan 1 kicks on first fan, and fan 2 will engages the other. Just seconds after start up, my both of my fans kick on and run the entire time the engine is running. Shouldn't they both stay off until engine temperature hits certain thresholds and the pcm sends out grounds signals to engage the fans? I have researched this question on here and the web to no avail. I did use the f body 3 wire temp sensor/ sender so my factory gauge would work (my gauges do appear to be working correctly). When I installed the f body gauge, I couldn't find anything to tell me which side of the sensor hooked to what color wire in the ls harness. I am going to hook it up to a scan tool and look at live data to see what the ls pcm is showing for coolant temp. I am beginning to wonder that the sensor maybe hooked up backwards causing the problems...hopefully looking at live data stream should verify that it is either hooked up right or wrong. At this point I am hoping it is hooked up backwards and will be a simple wire swap and the issue disappears...Any ideas? Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

On my truck, if looking at the sensor connection it look like this:

□□ <--- these two go to my pcm (left one to b74, right to b80)
    □ <--- this prong goes to my gauge

My pcm has blue/green connectors so yours may be different if it's red/blue. The prong by itself on the sensor should be for your gauge though
    1995 rcsb c1500, 4/6 drop, 5.3 L33, 5spd, 219/228 112LSA cam, LS6 springs, 799 heads, long tubes, magnaflow mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcb View Post
    On my truck, if looking at the sensor connection it look like this:

I
    □□ <--- these two go to my pcm (left one to b74, right to b80)
    □ <--- this prong goes to my gauge

now I can get out my meter and check continuity and see which is which, thanks.

My pcm has blue/green connectors so yours may be different if it's red/blue. The prong by itself on the sensor should be for your gauge though
    Now I'll check continuity and figure out which is which, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread