+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1970 C10 with LQ4

1970 C10 with LQ4

Haven't posted here in a hot minute but wanted to post my latest project and answer any questions folks might have. Truck is a 1970 C10 with a perfect (but drowned in nasty cracking primer) body. Motor is a stock 2006 6.0 with 66k miles backed by a locally built 4L65E. Started the swap in January and got it on the road about a month ago, rock solid daily driver that I take to work every day. Truck is factory AC, power brakes, and power steering, I've got brakes and steering working with the swap but still planning what to do about AC.

Key parts:
    Complete CPP swap kit - not a fan of the mid-length headers, would go a different route next time. The CPP adjustable mounts are great, I set the motor all the way forward and had zero fitment issues anywhere, other than shortening the stock driveshaft. Plenty of room everywhere.

PSI harness: Outstanding. Couldn't ask for more and will use this for every future swap. Great attention to detail, perfect fit, plug and play. No issues whatsoever and very easy to hook up. Great customer service that talked me through what turned out to be a bad fuel pump out of the box (Walbro replaced it for free). After I fixed that it fired on the first try.

PSI 67-69 Camaro EFI gas tank/fuel pump/fuel line kit: fit perfect under the bed with a little tweaking. Filler neck behind flip-up license plate.

Stock 2005 Silverado radiator/hoses

Stock LS2 GTO e-fans, work great with PSI relay. I'm only running 1 of the 2 fans right now and the truck never gets hotter than 190-195.

Crappy generic intake tube/specter filter - not awesome and hits the hood, but whatever.

I want to adapt an On3 kit to the truck, hopefully over the summer, but it will be a stock daily for a while. Overall the swap was pretty straightforward but a lot of work. I would have done a few things differently and probably could have saved a decent amount of money the second time around. Happy to answer any questions of provide more pics.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    '04 Hemi QC - H/C/I/bolt-ons/tune - Sold

'70 C10 SWB Stepside - LQ4/4L65E

I just finished up my 4th swap last night for the most part,,,they are worth it....

+ Reply to Thread