+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie old timer with Lots of ???'s for 5.3 swap into '67 C1500

Newbie old timer with Lots of ???'s for 5.3 swap into '67 C1500

Chose my name because I worked on these missiles and its a name I can remember. (An old guy you know). I've done some work on many older vehicles, but am not up on the electronic tuned and operated engines/trannys.
    I am currently restoring a '67 GMC C1500 to be a daily driver and have decided to go with a much more modern drive train. My plan is to swap in a 5.3L/4L60. In prep for that I have a number of questions. For starters:
    Are there trans cross members to fit this application or should I just fab one? I want to change to a tilt column. Is one available that will allow for LS wiring; re: cruise, hazards, etc. or should I look into modding one from a later model vehicle. And if so what is the best to start with? More than likely I will have TBW; is there a best foot feed to use in this old truck? Is it best to go with an aftermarket cable floor shift or one on the column? Is there a conversion for the original gauges or do I need to update to digital? And I'm sure there are some questions I don't even know to ask.
    I have many more questions and I know there are answers on here if I happen to search with the right words. These swaps have been done by a number of the forum members I'm sure. If any would be willing to share definitive information or thread info that would put me on the correct track, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.

Thought I'd say 'hi'. Just joined the site to find similar answers for a 6.0 with a 6L90 going into a '69 GM truck. The crossmember question is high on my list of things to solve in the immediate future.

+ Reply to Thread