+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adapting oil cooler lines to radiator

Adapting oil cooler lines to radiator

Anyone know what adapters are needed to adapt the stock oil cooler lines from the LQ4 engine to the stock OBS radiator?

They threaded right in for me. I ended up replacing them with an fittings and -6 hose because the old lines started leaking. I might have had to use new o rings.

I had oil lines with the push type connectors,,, found out tonight that they would not work.. lines hit the motor mount.. I'll look into other options

Yup mine were the same connectors. The piece that you push into can unthread from the radiator. If they are the cooler lines that came with that lq4 they should snake right around the mount. Maybe I'm missing something. I spent about 120$ on fittings and hose to run new cooler lines.

I got to thinking if you're trying to install the lines after the engine is in it's a pita. You would have to unbolt the motor mount and jack up the drivers side to sneak the hard lines behind the mount. There is no way you could thread them through with all the bends they have.

my truck is a c3500.. I have no problems getting the lines through... the problem is with the part of the motor mount that is welded to the frame,, thats what the lines are hitting... I used dirty dingo mounts to install my engine onto the stock lower mounts on my truck

I used the dirty dingo adjustable also. So are you using the lq4 oil cooler lines? They tucked between the mount and the block on my set up

yes, they were hanging on my engine when I got it...if they do in fact go in between the mount and the block then you are 100% correct. they will not fit..... I will take a closer look.

I may just take that side loose and put them back on...

Yup and there is a clamp just in front of the mount to keep the lines tight.

I have to recall my comment,, on a C3500 the oil cooler lines WILL NOT work..the C3500 frame has stand offs from the factory that the lower mounts bolt to,,, the oil line hits this part of the stand off and will not mount up on my truck
    Last edited by 1991SSP; 03-05-2017 at 04:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread