+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wish everyone the best of luck during RITA!

I hope everyone makes it ok during Rita.
    99 Pewter SCSB
    DJM 4/6 drop, Hotchkis front/reat swaybars,Hypertech power programer, milled & built heads, Accel wires, distributer,coil, Mass Air Flow Sensor(mti motor sports, Granatelli),Dynomax UltraFlow Stainless, 17x8.5 Eagle Alloys, Escalade door handles, Suburban front grille, with clear corners and billet bowtie,Street Scene mirrors, Cowl Hood

looks like we will be spared the worst of it here....zed and you other guys around that area be safe.its coming right toward you guys...
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

Get out if you can. Rita looks bad. Be safe Guy's.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 ECLB w/6.0 , 4L80E auto, 4.10 G80, K&N, Nelson Dyno Tune, 02 PCM STS TURBO , 44# injectors, IC ,HPTuner and 160* thermo 348 rwhp, 394 rwtq @ 5 psi
    60'=2.241
    1/8=9.352@77.39
    1/4=14.40@ 96.67

Just got back from New Braunfels, no problems here...it missed us whew !!! Well Kevin (vv8) came up too but he has a little damage to his house but very minor I understand. While we were up we spent a little time at Allens to tweak the tune and I don't know what happened but MAN !!! I can't give it full throttle while at 30MPH or under or she'll smoke the tires untill the second shift and keeps pullin hard all the way through !!! It was funny on the way back from the tune and I had my wife and daughter w/ me and my wife told my little one to say " Go faster daddy, faster !!! " So I did...after I got straight merging into traffic and I mashed on it at about 25-30. It forced a 2-1 downshift and immediately lit the tires up and shot to 6 grand on the tach then hit 2nd gear while still lighting 'em up and pulling up the overpass and i got out of it and we were at 65 !!! They both got quiet for awhile and I thought aloud and said "Man it didn't used to do that before... then my wife goes "Did the tune just make it do that ??? " and I'm like "Yep... " Also we put in the wrong tire size awhile back and caught that while looking through trying to chase down the ABS light problem and I had an inch smaller diam. tire in there so I average out my mileage when I got home after filling up before I left and filling up here and guess what 19.5MPG !!! WHOO HOO !!! Thanks Allen and Kevin and thanks guys for the support and concerns ...Zed
    13.920 @ 98.94mph...[/b]

+ Reply to Thread