OK guys the time is drawing closer and closer for me to do the good deed and I figured I would document it while asking questions.

I bought a 2005 Silverado RCLB 2WD Work truck with the puny 4.3 ltr V6 that has a million miles on it (actually 249K miles) and I swear its running on 3 cyl even after I did a full tune-up on it. I'm also pretty sure its "NOT" the original motor as it has a crank driven fan "AND" electric fans mounted on the Radiator. Anyways I was able to find a "GREAT" deal (and purchased) a complete LM7 out of a 99 Silverado with under 70K miles on it. Complete with wiring harness, computer, intake, etc.

I have never been involved in this amount of work (never done an engine swap) although I have done a transmission swap in a Chrysler 300 so I am not afraid of doing work, just have a fear of the "unknowns" and I like to do all the research that I can and buy all the parts needed for a smooth process, anyways I have been in and out of this AWESOME thread:
http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/v8-co...p-guide-6.html

I just want to make sure that I cover everything before I start taking the motor out to install the new motor. I hate having to stop work because I am missing parts, etc.

Luckily for me 03^ V6 trucks were DBC and the LM7 is also DBC - so that should be straight forward.

I purchased new motor mounts and I am on the search for the Drivers side Frame mount.

I also just saw that the motor was missing the Alternator/PS Pump Bracket so I have one of those in the mail and should be here next week.

Now onto my questions:

As far as transmission (M30 - 4L60E) - I believe that the new motor will bolt right in but I am unsure if there will be issues with the Bellhousing as some people have said that the bellhousing will need to be replaced - can anyone confirm or deny this?

As far as Accessories - will the current V6 power steering pump and the alternator swap over once I get the V8 Acc Bracket?

As far as the computer - since I have a 2005 and I am installing a 99 LS1 will I have issues with the wiring harness from the 05 working/(Pinout issues/compatibility from 05-99) being compatible to control the necessary items?

As far as the fuel system - I believe that my 05 has the returnless fuel system, (I will confirm that this weekend) but if this is true and I do I shouldn't have any issues with the LM7 since its also has a returnless fuel rail - correct?

As far as heater hoses - I have not seen anything covered on that - can anyone shed some light on that?

I know that the A/C compressor is different and I'm not really concerned about that at this time - just want to get the motor in and running.

Thanks in Advance for your help - I am sure there will be a lot more question on my Part.