+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2003 chevy silve. 6.0l engine with gt2-3 cam and zo6 comp springs slit bumb in idle.

2003 chevy silve. 6.0l engine with gt2-3 cam and zo6 comp springs slit bumb in idle.

He guys so I had a 2003 denali 6.0 lq4 complete remand done with a few modes. first valve job with zo6 beehive comp valve springs and push rods, gmpp high out oil pump, comp timing chain, zo6 stainless head gaskets, all new bearings bottom end and cam, Langifelter cam gt2-3. all new sensors, new iridium plugs, msd wires, dynateck long tube headers, no cats 3in collector back with front of axle turn down, cold air intake, new map and mas sensor, Radix Magna Charger with sixth gen. lobs and actuator, new seals, Nelson tuned.160 Hyperteck thermostat. new water pump, The only sensors I haven't changed are the o2s and the rear are deleted in the tune.
    So there's the basic run down of the motor
    The problem!
    At idle in gear the motor will start bumping every few seconds or so and will start to run rich to the point of a ruff idle and the smell of unburnt fuel. Also when that happens the motor hesitates off idle under lite acceleration. But if I floor it it clears right up. If I shut it down and restart it will run just fine until the next time it sits at idle for more then a few minutes.
    Does any have a direction to go on this any advise would be helpful. I really want to stop chasing this problem. Thank Jayson
    6.0 MAX Blown

Well guys figured out the problem with the truck. Just in case anyone else goes through this. Well shorty before I noticed the problem I had went to the dealer and had an oil change done. You would think that the guys at chevy could pull off an oil change with out fin-up your truck right, well I guess not. So I thought maybe this jack hole put in too thin of oil and didn't used the oil i brought to the dealer with me which was mobile 1 full synthetic 5w30. So I went and got more oil and decided i would change it again. Well my truck is pretty high so I started at the bottom I didn't even pop the hood just drained the oil. Take in mind my engine has about 750 miles the only reason i was changing the oil is to make sure there is no shavings or metal from the remain in my engine. I then put the pug pop the hood and go up top. Well what do i find the evap hose on the blower intake plenum just behind the throttle body is laying on the top of the motor. That turned out to be a 1/4in unmetered air leak into the motor casing a lean condition. I probably should have opened the hood first. But every component under there is new. So i put the hose back on poured in the new oil and problem solved.
    6.0 MAX Blown

+ Reply to Thread