+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another LQ9 SWAP (QUESTIONS)

Another LQ9 SWAP (QUESTIONS)

Hello everyone I am new to LS motors and trying to learn. I am currently starting a new build! I want to swap a LQ9 in a jeep wrangler yj.

I appreciate if any of you can help me with some questions that I have.

1- What flywheel to swap in the lq9? I want to put back a dodge gas nv4500 and "reuse" my disc and pressure plate that I have in my sbc, I read post saying that the 4.8 flywheel work great and read other saying these flywheel dont works properly, its lighter for "truck" aplication ect ect... I see novak and advanced adapter sell "special flywheel" for the swap but $300 + its much money for me! I want to know what its the best "cheap" option that work with my specs!

2- I buy a Lq9 from the yunkyard, I want to convert a stand alone,
    I'm not sure yet if I send to rework the wiring harness to 150tunes.com, speartech.com or other company or buy a new stand alone harness like psiconversion.com and reflash the ecu in both cases, What do you think guys?

3-DBW to DBC throttle body, I want to take advantage that I go to put stand alone wiring to convert the dbw with comes in the lq9 to dbc tb, I want to change more than anything about the issue of moisture, water (offroad). So apart of the wiring and tune, what throttle body I need to buy? any specif & brand & size model?

I REALLY APPRECIATE all your opinions and suggestions because of their experiences!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

bump

We can build you a stand alone harness. The fuse block we use is water tight specifically for under hood mounting. You can email me ray@nelsonperformance.com

+ Reply to Thread