+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clutch recommendation

Hybrid View

clutch recommendation

i know there ain't hardly nobody left who likes rowing their own gears nowadays... much less folks who also hop up the engines, too, but hopefully one of y'all few awesome folks see this and can provide some words of experience!

i've got a RCSB 4x4 with a bolt-on 5.3 that's due for a clutch. i'm running 33"s with 4.30 gears and plan on throwing in a XR269 cam after this deployment. i occasionally pull a 6000lb trailer, but it's mostly just a DD. i don't race it anymore (got a car for that now), but i'd still like a clutch that's stronger than a basic Autozone or LuK level deal. the only ones i've really found are the Spec 2+ and Centerforce dual friction... but i can't find much good info on them other than a lot of folks say the Specs usually chatter something awful.

the local manual trans shop swears by the LuK stuff, but that's a stock equivalent for a basic 4.8. what do y'all think?
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

I check this site like bi-monthly. Just saw your PM. Love my Centerforce. Somehow it's still going perfectly.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I check this site like bi-monthly. Just saw your PM. Love my Centerforce. Somehow it's still going perfectly.
    thanks... i'll keep that in mind about 75,000mi (i.e. 10yrs) from now. haha.
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

clutch recommendation

Cant go wrong with an Excedy...the HD pressure plate helps too.
    The one in the red car must have been in there 10 years now. It still wont slip.

After that.......go to twin or triple plate.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread