+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Brakes

No Brakes

So I have got my 4.8L Ls swap running in my 1996 C1500. I removed the old PCM for the 4.3v6. I am wondering if I am missing something to get my brakes working properly now. A brake light is on in the dash and it seems like I have no power brakes. There is fluid in the master cylinder. Any Ideas?

Have you checked for any vacuum leaks? Double check the hose running from your brake booster to the back side of the intake by the firewall.
    2000 RCSB
    LQ9
    Torquer V2
    T56 Magnum
    305 drag radials
    3/4 lowering kit

hydroboost or vaccume?? if vaccume, did you connect tube from booster to intake???
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

4.8L LS swap. I do have the line running to the booster. I have heard I need to hook up the original VSS wire. That may get rid of the light on the dash anyway. But the pedal is hard to push on and has a lot of travel.

+ Reply to Thread