+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Set back mounts or not

Set back mounts or not

1995 rcsb chevy. Had the 4.3 and nv3500. I've installed the v8 frame mounts and I want to use my nv3500 with a 5.3. Being in Canada with our shitty dollar right now, the dirty dingo mounts I wanted to use are way to expensive. I'm talking 270 bucks to my door. SO! I can get hooker mounts locally for half the price, just not sure if I need set back, set forward or stock location mounts to keep my tranny in the factory location.
    I've read that some guys say 1" setback is what I need and also some say stock location mounts.
    Help?!

1" set back puts the tranny in the same location.

Coming from a guy who bought the adjustable mounts from dirty dingo, I highly recommend that you save and get those. I did my swap with no help at all and those mounts made a huge difference. Granted, I paid a little extra to have them powder coated but you don't need to do that.

I've been trying to figure this exact issue out.. I'll be running an ls6.0 Motor and trans (complete take out from an 06) in my 91 c1500. Gonna run the stock driveshaft with a slip yolk for the new trans, haven't been able to figure out which mounts would allow me to use the driveshaft without having to modify it.
    15 Focus ST
    07 vrod
    91 RCSB lq4/longtubes/true duals/kooks mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    Coming from a guy who bought the adjustable mounts from dirty dingo, I highly recommend that you save and get those. I did my swap with no help at all and those mounts made a huge difference. Granted, I paid a little extra to have them powder coated but you don't need to do that.
    Thanks. I bit the bullet today and ordered the dingo sliders.

In case you haven't purchased mount plates already, here is another choice.

http://kds-performance.com/

sorry, didn't notice you'd already ordered the dingos
    Last edited by Steve A; 04-09-2016 at 01:25 AM. Reason: update

+ Reply to Thread