I don't post here very often, but I wanted to post the results I saw when swapping an LS9 cam into my LY6.

The LY6 is in a 1999 Dakota R/T, weighs about 4200 lbs, has 6l90 transmission and 3.92 rear gears.

A couple of years ago, I was running the stock LY6 with vvt and tuning, and 2.5 inch dual exhaust through magnaflow mufflers. It ran 13.4 at 103 pretty consistently.

Last year, I swapped in an LS9 cam. Reasons 1) It was given to me. 2) It has less torque until 2500 or so rpm (decrease wheel speed early on), and huge improvement of power above 2500. Perfect for my truck, which didn't need any more loss of traction.

Results. With nothing else changed, this cam ran 12.76 at 109.9 on the same track, with similar conditions.

I just wanted to post this up, because so many people tried to convince me to go with a bigger cam, claiming the loss of torque down low would be disappointing. Far from the truth, in my opinion. I have controllable wheel spin early, and a huge push of acceleration after I regain traction.

I like it.

Old timeslip.