+ Reply to Thread

Thread: See my new post in the For Sale Parts

Smile See my new post in the For Sale Parts

Well, I could only put 5 photos in the for sale ad, so here are the rest.
    The frame with it's waxy undercoating worn off had rusted also. The brake pipes where not leaking, but rusted, so for $100 or so I bought a kit to replace them. The new ones are plastic coated. So I scraped as much I could, painted with POR 15, then rust-oleum primer, then paint, then truck bed lining.
    Should be good.
    paint_4220.jpgmorerustt_4203.jpg

This fall I helped my brother pull a 1953 Hudson Hornet dual carbs engine-trany out, only had one bolt -sheet metal screw brake off. Even the exhaust manifold bolts were not rusted up, the frame was not rusted either.

I am disappointed, no replies.
    Just wanted to give a heads up on a noted problem of brake lines [pipes] on older GM pickups that are prone to rusting out. Found out when searching noted problems on GM trucks, some drivers find out the hard way, no brakes! My truck is kept clean, the pipes though had just a light coat of factory paint on them, but badly rusted, not leaking yet, I could of just painted them. But the frame was rusting up also, so I pulled the pipes off to do a good job scraping the frame. The new pipes come with a plastic coating, the installed pipes are now painted to protect the un-plastic-coated ends-fittings. I plan to keep this truck, plan to be buried in it, have to save up for a large burial lot.
    PS. the For Sale post was a joke. Guess it was not funny.

+ Reply to Thread