+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best traction street tire

best traction street tire

Okay guys, looking for a little help. I'm running 285/60/18 cooper discoverer h/t on my truck now.... I need something in that size (31.5 to 32.5 inches tall). I need to try letting a little air out yet to see what that does. I'm going to need new tires in awhile and I would like to get something that hooks up better... Looking for a street/summer tread. I need to pull my bass boat and drive in the rain so no slicks. I don't put on a lot of miles so I don't need an 80000 mile tire.. Any help would be great. Thanks, Dave.

In the same boat... Need more traction but a Street/DD tire. In for some info.
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

Okay... I found these.. Not sure how much better than the coopers that I have. They look kinds cool though

Ive been looking at these... don't know if there worth the $$$ for what I need tho

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/pr...n-tires?cat=10

Or these

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-t...ruck-suv-tire/
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

I looked at those too, but they don't have them in 18s... I don't want to go any shorter because I'm running 4.56s and it would really be running high rpm if I went to a lot shorter tire.. I might just have to learn how to modulate my right foot better..

Those Kumhos suck. I had them on my truck for a while and moved to the Hankook Ventus RH07 and am on my 2nd set. Better than the Yokahamas (too hard) and last longer than the Kumhos with better traction.
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

I have some nitto drags 305 40 18 and they work real good just my o2

Heard good things about the Michelin LTX M/S2.

i was in this same boat. i did a lot of research and it really depends on what your going to use the truck for. The two that i ended up debating over were the Michelin Pilot Super Sports or the Nitto nt555's. Ended up going with the SS's as they do better in the rain as i drive in the rain in winter. The nitos i believe have less tread, more of a track tire, which is not fun in water. but i believe they hook a bit better. BUT the SS's stick very well and they are harder = last longer. They made a huge difference from the crappy tires i was running before. ill still light up the tire from a launch but it hooks up in half the time it used to. once i get the tru trac in, it should eliminate most of that. im super happy with them. just my .02
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

best traction street tire

Hey Tom Sounds like me and my tire blow-outs - only 5 years old when my pants went dark What brand were those tires?

honestly thinking of switching to Continentals.Anyone using their newHSR2 eco plus tires

Thanks to all
    Marino

+ Reply to Thread