+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can the 5.3 ECU control a '95 4L60E?

Can the 5.3 ECU control a '95 4L60E?

I cannot get a straight answer on this. The transmission in my '95 Chevy ECSB truck shifts great and only has 140k on it. I want to keep it in my truck. I'm picking up a '99 5.3, wiring harness and ECU in two weeks. My question is, will the 5.3 ECU be able to control the '95 4L60E I have in my truck? Some people were saying that I'd need to get a '96-00 4L60E to make it work, since the '95 is a one-off year for tranny's. But Brendan from lt1swap.com said it will control it since the '95 is the first year for 13 pin transmission connectors. So, has anyone kept their pre-96 OBS transmission and just swapped the engine? I plan on following the harness modifications on lt1swap rather than buying one for $500+.

I haven't done this swap nor do I have a '95 model but I would believe Brendan. Hopefully the PCM you're getting with the engine will be a 0411 (last 4 digits of the service number printed on the data sticker on pcm) and whoever flashes it for you should be able to program for it. At worst you might have to change the 3-2 downshift solenoid. Brendan has a lot of good information on his site, you might also contact Lextech to see if he has a repin file for your model truck.

+ Reply to Thread