+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 03 6.0 LQ4 into 97 K2500 w/ NV4500

Exclamation 03 6.0 LQ4 into 97 K2500 w/ NV4500

OK gents. for the life of me I can't get a straight answer on this. I am putting a 03 6.0 LQ4 out of a 2500 into my 97 K2500. I am keeping the NV4500, it has the internal slave, and is the exact same tranny they were using in 01-07 for the manual tranny trucks. I am trying to figure out a clutch/flywheel setup and I can't get a straight damn answer. I'd like to go Mcleod, since I'm towing and hauling with this truck, I need something durable. I'm thinking about just switching out the slave/hydraulics to the 03 style, and getting an 03 compatible clutch and flywheel setup. Does that make sense? Is anyone on here familiar with dealing with this swap?

ALSO what 6.0 compatible flywheels have the dowel pins removed and shouldered bolt holes? I can't seem to find that either

I have done weeks and weeks of research, and I can't find the right info. Ive called McLeod as well as other LS swap guys and no one has the right answer.

Probably won't help much but I have a 1992 2wd with a 5 speed(newer trans) and the internal slave. I used the nfw 1050 flywheel with a 4.8 1500 clutch setup from LUK.

eh, thanks for the try. I think I'm just gonna switch everything over to the 6.0. I need to find those metric shouldered flywheel bolts though, cant seem to find anything that short and shouldered through fastenal or the other major bolt dealers. any ideas?

for my 6.0/nv4500 i used a RAM 1550 flywheel, and a RAM 98793 clutch. I also used a 1697c throw out bearing.
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE....370ci LY6 with some goodies SOLD
    1995 C2500- LS1 swap with a mp112
    build thread- http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...-ls1-swap.html

Quote Originally Posted by aggiecowgirl12` View Post
    OK gents. for the life of me I can't get a straight answer on this. I am putting a 03 6.0 LQ4 out of a 2500 into my 97 K2500. I am keeping the NV4500, it has the internal slave, and is the exact same tranny they were using in 01-07 for the manual tranny trucks. I am trying to figure out a clutch/flywheel setup and I can't get a straight damn answer. I'd like to go Mcleod, since I'm towing and hauling with this truck, I need something durable. I'm thinking about just switching out the slave/hydraulics to the 03 style, and getting an 03 compatible clutch and flywheel setup. Does that make sense? Is anyone on here familiar with dealing with this swap?

ALSO what 6.0 compatible flywheels have the dowel pins removed and shouldered bolt holes? I can't seem to find that either

I have done weeks and weeks of research, and I can't find the right info. Ive called McLeod as well as other LS swap guys and no one has the right answer.
    Ok, well if you want to go ahead with the 03 hydraulics and the matching clutch/flywheel I don't see a problem there. You could probably keep your current clutch really.

Dowel pins are easily removed with a vice grip and a few swear words, though if you're looking for shouldered bolt holes I don't have an answer for you there.

I mated my NV3500 to a 5.3 using this as a guide. It shifts like it still has a 350 powering it. Hope I've helped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCGl5HbrUeE

well I went with McLeod and the flywheel doesnt have the pins... yay. but I still cant find those damn bolts anywhere BUT the gm dealer. Even on that schematic the bolts for the clutch hat to the flywheel aren't listed. I'm willing to gamble the existing bolts on my clutch will work but still.

I bought the special (recommended) GM Bolts online. Both the flywheel bolts and the pressure plate bolts were too short. I ended up going to Ace Hardware and they have 10.9 metric bolts (equivalent to Grade 8) in the correct size. Best thing is to measure the depth you need and make the trip. My 5.3L and NV4500 is going in the truck this Friday!
    Last edited by Aruba1; 07-01-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Nice lol. OK next question, fuel setup... So my truck has the hard lines with male endings that mate into the 5.7... The conversion lines I have are to the quick disconnect, but with a male ending. can someone show me their fuel setup?

+ Reply to Thread