+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.3 L33 to 6.0 LQ9 Swap - Wideband 02 sensors?

5.3 L33 to 6.0 LQ9 Swap - Wideband 02 sensors?

Hi everyone! I am currently doing a 6.0L swap and I am wondering if I should run a wideband 02 sensor on a naturally aspirated engine. I am new to the tuning world and I have searched the internet but I haven't seen if there is any real benefit to installing one on a non-FI engine. Also, will I be able to drive the LQ9 on the L33 tune to get it to the tuner? or should I not risk it and have it towed? Thank you in advance for your input.

I wound not worry about a wideband on an NA motor at all, once the tuner sets the parameters, it won't change much.

VATS might be enabled on the other L33 tune, so it may not fire. I would honestly mail the PCM to the tuner, or have the tuner just flash a simple tune over it to get it start up
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I wound not worry about a wideband on an NA motor at all, once the tuner sets the parameters, it won't change much.

VATS might be enabled on the other L33 tune, so it may not fire. I would honestly mail the PCM to the tuner, or have the tuner just flash a simple tune over it to get it start up
    I spoke with the engine builder and they are going to put a base tune on my pcm to get the truck drivable. I think i will break in the motor on the base tune. I am waiting for F.A.S.T. to come out with the 102mm DBW throttle body later this year and I will be putting the intake and throttle body on. I'd like to have all that on before I have it dyno tuned instead of doing it twice.

+ Reply to Thread