+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: change of direction

change of direction

would you guys like to see this site steered in the direction of conversions vs performance?
    it would change much, so that we are lost in the internet lol, but just a larger section for conversions.
    i have a lot of material to contribute, as do many others, maybe a section focused on what is needed such as pinouts, pics, how to's, etc.

just a thought, the site started as a conversion site, but it led to this, just getting opinions, nothing set yet.

I'm still pretty new to the conversion game so my opinion isn't very heavy but to me, LS1Truck is and always will be a conversion site. It's my go to forum for anything conversion. There are so many forums on the net but I could pretty much care less about them. When I have a conversion question, I'll always search/ ask here and nowhere else.

There are plenty of performance mod forums around but no other "real" conversion forums. At least none with as much knowledge base as here.

I think a how to would be a great idea. I have rebuilt transmission, Rear ends, cam swap, all on information from the internet. Having a place to get all the information @ one place would have saved a lot of searching. For a new guy starting his build. Sometime the the biggest questions is were to begin. A lot of us are weekend mechanics with a full time job with a wallet that is not full of green backs. Everything we can accomplish ourselves saves us money. Just my 2 Cents

Allen,

I think some things could be done to help wake it back up. This place was rolling along fairly well several years ago, but it seems like to me it turn into a nut swinging contest, I've heard from several members that it took the real "tech" out of it.

I think a shift towards conversions might be a good place to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    It's always a good big accomplishment to get such a big build running. So congratulations on that!
    However, you're already talking bs and the truck is on jack stands, lol.
    Get it on the track, run some respectable times, then say "to all the haterz" because that vid is weak lol.
    You got a long ways to go to compete with the turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boosted View Post
    Sorry dude....what I meant is that you are full of shit. Your supercharged turd wont ever make it to the 8's and your wasting energies as Casey did.
    Go turbo and be done with it.

a conversion site would be cool and would boost the site more hopefully

new facelift and layout design and youll have traffic again
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

all good points and suggestions guys.
    my first step was to control spam, what a pita, it's done! i haven't seen any, if you have lmk.

i was gonna post in the veteran section, but like ya'll said, we have ls conversion lukurs (low count posts) and their opinion is appreciated too

ok, working on the layout and thread structure.

any other suggestions feel free to reply.

This site has been helpful to me for doing a conversion, especially because it's platform specific. For a lot of stuff I go to ls1tech because there's a lot more support for carbs, there's more traffic, and the answers are usually there if you do some digging. To me the carburetor part of my swap is where this site really fell short. There are people running carbs, they just aren't here, haha.

all good points and suggestions guys.
    my first step was to control spam, what a pita, it's done! i haven't seen any, if you have lmk.

i was gonna post in the veteran section, but like ya'll said, we have ls conversion lukurs (low count posts) and their opinion is appreciated too

ok, working on the layout and thread structure.

any other suggestions feel free to reply.
    Good deal man.

I think it would be a good idea to also build on the truck racing scene in Texas. You started it.....now capitalize on it. I have tons of ideas to make that work if it is something you'd like to do.
    It's always a good big accomplishment to get such a big build running. So congratulations on that!
    Get it on the track, run some respectable times, then say "to all the haterz" because that vid is weak lol.
    Sorry dude....what I meant is that you are full of shit. Your supercharged turd wont ever make it to the 8's and your wasting energies as Casey did.

I would definitely say Conversions too, most people don't really hang around to chat these days. Unless it's about a new soap opera or drama thread lol
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

It should be noted that I think the most active area on ls1tech is the conversion section.

+ Reply to Thread