+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newb from Tulsa

Newb from Tulsa

Originally from close to houston, moved up to Oklahoma to help some family out. Used to race a lot growing up but got out of it when I had a mini me. Bought a 2004 RCSB 5 speed, with a 4.8 a couple weeks ago that I'd like to start modding.

A tune would be a good first step. Welcome.
    Nelson Performance
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

That's on the horizon, I got it really cheap and with 140,000 miles. So far, replaced a wheel so they're all matching, a window, rewired the radio and replaced the speakers since the previous owner jacked it up, put a front valence on it since it was missing, a mirror....that's about it so far. I have a decent running dd truck with about $2,700 tied up in it. I raced for 15 years and have a 2012 R/T STP challenger six speed so I'm used to something a little quicker. I'm planning on swapping a T-56 into it, with a top mount shifter, and an eaton tru trac with 4.88's in the rear end, along with some c clip eliminators. This is going to end up being a daily driver/toy for me, with the occasional track time. I'm torn at the moment as to if I want to do a turbo setup for the 4.8 or to bite the bullet and find a 6.0.

+ Reply to Thread