+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walledition-New Project: Boost/Turbo-Fuel/Return System, Build

Walledition-New Project: Boost/Turbo-Fuel/Return System, Build

Hey guys! Ive been on this site for a time but havnt post before, iŽll do my best to make this detailed and interesting even its a small project compared to what a lot of you guys have going on with your trucks. Please feel free to comment, advice and feedback

Project consist of:

2005 rcsb stepside 6.0 LQ4, 4L80E with TransgoHD2, TR224 112, 14bolt/posi/4.10`s, Circle D MultiDisk 4C 3600-3800

This is not my daily driver but i wana be able to drive it on weekends and have a consistent bracket truck for small local racing events.

Upgrades:

PT7475

KBracing T4 Hotside

Custom Exhaust

Custom Coldside

Jgs 40mm wastegate

Rps 50mm blow off valve

Truck style 80lb/hr@4bar injectors + ev6 to mini delphi

Converting to return system (fuel)

I will go into details as i move on with this project:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Hot Side:
    Time to pull the headers/exhaust/intake out and start installing new uprades

I used 1" Cool It Thermo Tec black wrap on the turbo manifold and coated it with Cool It Thermo Tec after wrapping it, supposed to last longer and the coating looks good on any metal, in my experience the zip ties sucked big time since the system they have to ajust them doesnt let u make a tight fit so i went ahead and got regular hose clamps and just coated them after installing them for a cleaner look

Stock driver side manifold sand blasted and coated with 2000f as well

Crossover pipe was bolted on, spot welded and fully welded after, i used 2" Cool It Thermo Tec black wrap and coated it as well

Permatex 81878 Ultra Copper High-Temp RTV Silicone Gasket Maker was used to seal the driver side manifold and crossover pipe

wastegate installed after crossover pipe was done

Intercooler mount:
    I had a hard time trying to find info on mounting a intercooler behind the grill and rout the 3" piping on the sides with a 04+ 34" radiator, thanks too "smokeshow" he gave me some tips, it can be done keeping the pcm and battery on stock location and YES its tight

Little welder wish made it happend lol

Passenger side:
    To make room for the 3" pipe i had to take the ac gas out, weld a small extencion in and refill the ac again

Intercooler Piping:

Welding: (First i tried mig welding, later had everything rewelded with a tig welder, looks much cleaner)

Mig Welding

Vs. Tig Welding

Cold side and ic bracket done (had it powdercoated black):

Oil feed and return ports:
    Feed i taped in this fitting:

Return:

Since i was dealing with powdercoating i had some more parts sandblasted and powdercoated to clean the engine bay

Good looking truck. Nice job on the turbo install. How much work went into converting to return style?
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

nice truck, good work, what state are you in?

Looks really clean! I just have one concern; Where you mounted the wastegate isn't ideal. The wastegate won't be nearly as efficient if it were placed downstream of both manifolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-Art View Post
    Good looking truck. Nice job on the turbo install. How much work went into converting to return style?
    Sorry i never got a notice of responses im just seeing them
    Thank you

Converting return style is not so bad, if u still need a list of things let me know i can help you out with pictures and details

+ Reply to Thread