+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LQ4/4L60E trans questions

LQ4/4L60E trans questions

I have a 93 C1500 that I want to do the LS conversion too. I want to install a LQ4 or 9 with L92heads,LS3 intake and a mild cam and stick with a 4L60E trans. I recently acquired a 2009 2WD truck 4L60E and currently have a very fresh 93 4L60E. Im unsure of what VCM's that would work with this combo or if I need to do some switching of trans through some trading. Don't really care if its DBW or cable. I have access to GM's SI for most schematics but they don't help with conversions. Would like to keep the A/C functioning,cruise control and the use of electric fans also. I know from SI there is a break in the crank and cam counts. I will also need a contact for someone that can program a VCM remotely that can eliminate the VATS,EVAP, downstream O2's and torque modulation if I have to go that route of VCM. I have given myself a year to acquire all of the stuff I need to do this so time is not a issue. I will be traveling to bigger salvage yards that don't cut stuff out so I get decent stuff. Thanks in advance for the help and Im open to all suggestions.

Tim

Hi and welcome to the site. I too did a '93 swap with a 4L60E so I wouldn't have to mess with the driveshafts(4X4). You have to use a newer transmission, I believe a '96 or '97 up because the interior wiring was changed from that of the older design. If you rewire the older trans, it should work from what I have read.

Check out this site: http://lt1swap.com/
    Lots of information here and without it, my swap wouldn't have been too successful.

Here's a link about the A/C bracket. I used this setup and it works. http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/vi...p?f=34&t=79059
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

+ Reply to Thread