+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headers for OBS swap

Headers for OBS swap

Hey everyone. I wasn't sure if this should go in the performance or conversion swap section so if this isn't where it belongs feel free to move it.

Last summer I put a 5.3 in my 1997 K1500. I left the engine bone stock for now. The modification itch never leaves me though, so I'm trying to plan out my next mods. I want to put a Tru track posi rear end in and I want to do cams and headers. I think I've basically decided on a Texas speed 220R for my cam.

My question is what headers should I run? I'm almost positive that I want to run long tubes. I don't think it's worth the effort and money to run anything else. Not enough improvement for shorties or mids. Stainless headers would be ideal as I do live in areas with winters, but I know that stainless means $$$ most of the time. I'm fine without stainless if it's a huge difference in price.

I would just research around good headers for a 5.3 except that I don't know that just any header will fit. That's why I'm looking for some suggestions that people know won't have fitment issues with since this is in a gmt400 and not an 800.

I have yet to find a set of stainless longtube headers for our trucks (4x4). i was thinking that maybe headers from a 99+ 4x4 truck could fit, since the front suspension/frame is fairly similar. when the time comes i will be in the market for a set as well. i was going to see if i could get some used headers to test fit and find what works befrore dropping the coin on a new set.

96 chevy k1500, 5.7l vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, volant CAI, pacesetter LTs, spintech 6000, b&m, 33's--awaiting lq4/4l80e swap
    94 z28 camaro m6, 383 LT1, slp CAI, pacesetter LTs w/ORY, e-cut out, spintech 2otl, hurst SS, strano sways, BMR suspension, viking coilovers, solomon tuned

Quote Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
    I have yet to find a set of stainless longtube headers for our trucks (4x4). i was thinking that maybe headers from a 99+ 4x4 truck could fit, since the front suspension/frame is fairly similar. when the time comes i will be in the market for a set as well. i was going to see if i could get some used headers to test fit and find what works befrore dropping the coin on a new set.
    I think I've actually found some that apparently work with minimal-no modification on an OBS 4x4.
    Pace Setter 70-2265 for the uncoated, non-stainless version. I haven't tried them yet but after much searching I found several guys who said they have.

pacesetter website say those are for 99-06 v8 pickups which is exactly what i was thinking may work! i would be very interested to see how they fit. so since pacesetter doesnt make these in stainless, i wonder if a set of stainless headers from a diff manufacturer for the same vehicles would fit...

96 chevy k1500, 5.7l vortec, 4l60e, 14 bolt, volant CAI, pacesetter LTs, spintech 6000, b&m, 33's--awaiting lq4/4l80e swap
    94 z28 camaro m6, 383 LT1, slp CAI, pacesetter LTs w/ORY, e-cut out, spintech 2otl, hurst SS, strano sways, BMR suspension, viking coilovers, solomon tuned

bumping this up.....anyone had a chance to try this?

came across this video after someone pointed me towards Fast2dr on youtube. he has a set of pacesetter longtubes on his 5.3 swapped 2dr hoe, p/n: 70-2265. they fit nbs 99-07 4wd trucks and seem to fit nicely.

here is the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_0...ZVfwh0&index=8

You effectively manage your team and conduct specific tasks to have these incredible features and content. I would love to make this my guide. Thanks. 안전놀이터

+ Reply to Thread