Thread: 89 K1500 5.3 Swap

Threaded View

89 K1500 5.3 Swap

Hey everyone, I've decided to make a thread about the 5.3 (LM7) swap I'm working on in my K1500. The truck was originally a 305 w/ 5 speed, but when I got the truck it had a worn out 350. The old 350 held up for a few months before making some very expensive noises, so I had my local machine shop rebuild a 350 with a mild cam. Ran decent, but the TBI was showing its age and getting unreliable. After that my K1500 was no longer a daily driver so I pulled the motor out to be used in my dirt car. Leaving a perfect opportunity to swap in an LS!

As of now I have a refreshed LM7 in the truck. I'm slowly assembling it as time and funds will allow. I plan to use a dual pane carb intake, MSD 6010 ignition box, and a 600 cfm Holley I recently had rebuilt. I also plan on using the stock fuel pump and regulating down to carb friendly pressures. The goal is to get it reliable and put it back into daily driver service. I may be going to an ag pilot school sometime in the next year so I'd like to take this truck for that.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Cardot60; 03-16-2015 at 10:58 PM.